Hillsboro Inlet Bridge Update
- North Riverside Drive underneath the bridge is closed for the duration of construction.
- The bridge is closed overnight to navigation between 7:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. through April 30. Mariners may request an opening during this time by providing a four-hour advance notice to the bridge tender or by calling (954) 943-1847.
- The vertical clearance of the bridge will be reduced by 2 feet for the duration of the project.
- The north and south side channels will be closed to navigation for the duration of the project because of on-going work in the channels.
- For further marine traffic information, please review the Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners for the Seventh District at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=lnmDistrict®ion=7.
- One lane of the bridge may be closed Monday night, March 30 through Thursday night, April 2 between 7:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. The latest information we have is that these nightly lane closures may occur through late May. We will update you as we receive any information. As always, a flag crew will direct traffic across the bridge.
Description: The improvements under this contract include removing the existing concrete and replacing the concrete deck; constructing a new sidewalk and pedestrian railing along the south side of the bridge; constructing new traffic railings along both sides of the bridge; upgrading the fender system; restoring existing bridge tender house; installing decorative statue and accent lighting, and removing existing paint with blasting process and re-painting the bridge.